This is the first of a three part exercise that introduce students to the fundamental elements of visual language: camera angel, lighting and composition.
Materials / Preparation
- Students should pair off into groups of three.
In your groups choose a location and photograph your peers in the same scene from three different angles.
- Low angle (like a worm looking up from the ground)
- Hight angle (like a bird looking down from the sky)
- Eye level (the camera lens should be level with the subjects eyes)
Edit / Submit (20 min)
- Select three of your best photos (one photo to represent each shooting angel).
- Email Mr. O your images with your period and student names in the subject line.
Students present photos and discuss how these techniques influence the various meanings we can take from a visual message.